Διαβάστε νέα για τον εθελοντισμό από όλον τον κόσμο
- How to Engage and Retain Corporate Volunteers: 3 Tipsby email@example.com (Guest Contributer) on September 26, 2023 at 3:14 pm
Your nonprofit relies on a loyal and dedicated group of volunteers to push your initiatives forward. In addition to recruiting volunteers from the community, you can benefit from the support of skilled corporate volunteers. Corporate volunteers are an especially valuable asset because of their professional backgrounds and technical expertise, which can be used to help your nonprofit with everything from web development to organizing your financial records.
- Blackfeet Reservation Montana Program Updates from Summer 2023 by Global Volunteers on September 25, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Summer in Montana is bliss. The temperatures are warm, but not too warm. The air lacks humidity, so the warmth feels pleasant and not oppressive. The Big Sky State lives up to its nickname, with many days of beautiful blue skies. These elements, along with the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, make the Montana service The post Blackfeet Reservation Montana Program Updates from Summer 2023 appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Global Messages Offered for International Day of Peace 2023by Michele Gran on September 21, 2023 at 3:00 pm
The United Nations designates September 21 every year as the “International Day of Peace” to focus the world’s attention on unity and reconciliation by observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire. United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres said, “Peace is needed today more than ever. War and conflict are unleashing devastation, poverty, and hunger, and driving The post Global Messages Offered for International Day of Peace 2023 appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Why I Give: Because the Need is Obviousby Michele Gran on September 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Peru Alumni Volunteer Kurt Jaeger admits his relationship with kids in Peru is exceptional. On the campus of Global Volunteers’ partner, Sagrada Familia, he’s revered as an engaging volunteer teacher, a compassionate elder, and more – a talented musician. Sharing his violin and voice, Kurt inspires students to push boundaries and give their all. Since The post Why I Give: Because the Need is Obvious appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Volunteering is Couple’s First Step Toward Retirementby Sam Pinakoulaki on September 14, 2023 at 5:02 pm
Lee Park and Eric Tiffany have always wanted to give back through service and, for years, have been interested in the possibility of doing a long-term volunteer program abroad. With that in mind, they chose a two-week service program in Crete to “wet their feet” and gain a little experience for their future retirement; exploring The post Volunteering is Couple’s First Step Toward Retirement appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Resourcefulness is Invaluable Skill for Peruvian Partnerby Michele Gran on September 11, 2023 at 3:40 pm
Willy Vera knows how to make things work. At 67, he’s been creating and building with metal since he was 14. As a local volunteer at Sagrada Familia, Global Volunteers’ community partner in Peru, Willy has become not only the thrifty Mr. Fixit on the compact campus, but also a revered and patient teacher of The post Resourcefulness is Invaluable Skill for Peruvian Partner appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Nepal Community Partners Celebrate Volunteers’ Return in 2023by Michele Gran on September 6, 2023 at 3:00 pm
In Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, Nepal, Global Volunteers’ community partners urgently anticipated the first volunteer teams since the pandemic lockdown of 2020. After a protracted absence owing to international travel restrictions and volunteers’ hesitancy, our Nepal Service Program resumed this year with classroom painting and conversational English instruction. As students return to school and programs “slowly The post Nepal Community Partners Celebrate Volunteers’ Return in 2023 appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Psychiatrist Promotes “Professional Discovery” on Tanzania RCP Programby Global Volunteers on August 30, 2023 at 2:32 pm
Dr. Hannah Nguyen returned from Tanzania driven to inspire colleagues to contribute their skills to rural villagers through Global Volunteers’ Reaching Children’s Potential (RCP) Program. Some of the following is excerpted from her story in the professional newsletter of the Southern California Child Adolescent Psychiatry Association. Read on to learn how you can advance the The post Psychiatrist Promotes “Professional Discovery” on Tanzania RCP Program appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Lifelong Friends Cultivate their Roots in Greek Classroomsby Sam Pinakoulaki on August 23, 2023 at 5:00 am
Global Volunteers alumni and octogenarians, Wilma Bennett (above, left) and Popi Anastassatos (above, right), have been best friends since the late 60s. When in 2022 Wilma invited Popi to explore her Greek heritage on a service program, Popi was soon to join her. Read on to learn why they dubbed it “an adventure of their The post Lifelong Friends Cultivate their Roots in Greek Classrooms appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- Meet your Greece Team Leader: Kalliopi Chaniotakiby Global Volunteers on August 16, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Kalliopi Chaniotaki joined Global Volunteers as our Greece team leader in 2022. In this role, she manages the logistics and project assignments of the service program while creating a safe space for volunteers to share a meaningful and productive service experience. She also collaborates on marketing campaigns during months when she’s not leading volunteers. Read The post Meet your Greece Team Leader: Kalliopi Chaniotaki appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- “Escape” to an Island to do good in 2024by Michele Gran on August 14, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Some of the world’s most beautiful islands are also the greatest volunteering locations. If you choose service as a way to refocus your mind onto something larger than yourself, you can take a break in one of our partner communities and make a world of difference. Our service programs engage you in genuine development projects The post “Escape” to an Island to do good in 2024 appeared first on Global Volunteers.
- 4 Ways Volunteering Can Strengthen Your Alumni Communityby firstname.lastname@example.org (Guest Contributer) on August 8, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Any nonprofit professional will agree that the strongest volunteer bases are those who not only connect with the nonprofit’s work, but with each other as well. This positions your sorority or fraternity’s alumni community to excel as a volunteering unit.
- 9 Benefits of VolunteerMatch Pro Membershipby email@example.com (Darcy Hughes) on July 18, 2023 at 6:25 pm
You know that the right volunteer can mean a world of difference in moving your mission forward. With a VolunteerMatch Standard Membership, you have the ability to recruit from the world’s largest network of volunteers and, when you upgrade to Pro, you unlock a whole new level of benefits to ensure you’re connecting with the right ones.
- 4 New Pro Member Features to Make Volunteer Recruitment a Breezeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jennifer Bennett) on July 6, 2023 at 5:35 pm
If you’re looking to make the most of your VolunteerMatch account, you should check out our Pro Membership. We’re changing up some things and adding new tools and benefits. We’ll be sharing more over the Summer, but we’re excited to share this update now. VolunteerMatch is committed to always offering a free Standard Membership and we’ll be updating those tools as well. But, if you want to invest in your online recruitment we’re now offering more to help you find the volunteers you need!
- 3 Marketing Tips to Reach Volunteers at Your Nonprofitby email@example.com (Guest Contributer) on June 1, 2023 at 7:29 pm
Volunteers form the backbone of your nonprofit. From supporting your events and activities to running programs behind the scenes, your volunteers help bring your mission to life and drive tangible change in the community that you serve.